If you visited my table each night at dinner time, you would know that:
1. I am not the world's most imaginative cook.
2. My family does not thrive on culinary variety.
3. The USDA did not use our family as the
template in designing the new food plate.
4. Not everyone in my family is an adventurous eater.
5. My husband is interested in his health.
I don't know what possessed Lee to request kale. I knew to look in the produce section for it, but I had to read the labels to find it. I asked him what he thought I should do with it. He said to ask my Facebook friends. Except that he had just told me to ask them about composite decking, and I try to pace myself on advice requests. But, having asked for food ideas before, I knew some of them would recommend allrecipes.com. So I went there.
They recommended baked kale chips. Among other things.
That, I thought, sounds almost ridiculous, BUT...
I might be able to sneak it by my kids.
And you know what?
They were a total hit.