10.26.2011

300/365 progress report

DSC_0912

I am finally making some more progress on Bethany's quilt.

DSC_0914

This, of course, is the easy part with the big squares in the center.
But they are together.

DSC_0916

This is a rag quilt where the seams are exposed.

DSC_0923

Then you snip them,  and when you wash it
there is lint everywhere
the edges fray and get all soft.

DSC_0925

A little labor intensive, but it's instead of hand quilting, so it's a trade off.
How I would LOVE to have the final, finished photo by year's end. 
Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Janette said...

Good luck. I have a quilt I started the year we moved to Minnesota...right before Millie was born. She's almost 8 years old now :o(. BUT...I am making a list of 40 things I would like to accomplish in my 40th year (which is rapidly approaching) and finishing that quilt is on the list!!

Nutrition Tailor said...

Great project and I love the fabrics! You will get done in time--you have so much done already!

Tracy P. said...

I do hope you're right, Lynn! Janette, if I were following your example, I would be working my way through a list of 50 things to do in my 50th year. I'm pretty sure that's a goal too ambitious to reach! ;-)