1.28.2011

28/365 puppy chow

P1610214

Today I was at the store to pick up some Chex because the kids saw the Puppy Chow recipe on the back and wanted to try making it.  There were two teenaged girls in the cereal aisle right where I was headed, looking rather perplexed.  As I approached I heard them discussing whether they should buy it or not, because it was advertised "gluten free" in huge letters.  They appeared to be nervous that it had changed and was no longer what they were looking for.  I don't talk to other shoppers much, but I couldn't help taking a moment to tell them what gluten is and reassure them that their Chex would be just fine.

4 comments:

Nutrition Tailor said...

Ha ha! Glad you cleared that up for them! Food labeling seems to confuse the heck out of people. SO much is misleading anyway (like "cholesterol-free" peanut butter--a food that comes from plants and thus can't POSSIBLY EVER contain cholesterol!)

Unknown said...

I love the combination of the box and puppy chow in one photo. Clever and then to feature the "gluten free" with your story, even better.

Sandy said...

A great shot and story.

Unknown said...

haha. We eat gluten free and people have such strange reactions to it.